First I'll write about the more pressing things, then I'll update on my day.
My mom called me while I was out to tell me that yesterday, they ahd to put our big dog, Boomer, to sleep. Boomer has always been a very loud and vocal dog, and definitely very protective, but he was always so very loyal. He protected who was most important to him, our family, and that's the ultimate of dog loyality. Apparently, last week, he fell ill for no apparent reason. They took him to the vet, and the vet told them that according to the blood tests, it looked as if he'd gotten into some poison. They put him in the dog hospital, and he never recovered. THe same thing happened to the people next door to us, their dog got into some poison as well. We theorize that someone actually poisoned Boomer. My dad's crushed because Boomer was "his boy".
Why? Why would someone do this to such a friendly dog, one who, when I accidentally hit with a car door, still forgave me for it even though he was bleeding. He, who a few months ago, when mom wasn't looking, jumped up into my bed with me and licked my face. I guess I feel more emotional about this dog dying than when our other dog, Mini, diedm because MIni had such a long life, she died when she was like 14. Boomer was only like 4. Even Gabby the cat is even nerotic and missing him because Gabby always slept with Boomer every night. I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Besides that, things seemed to go pretty well. I just got back from going shoe shopping (which I've needed to do for a while) and Wal Mart (which I always can do). My shoes are reasonably comfortable though I think they need to be broken in somewhat.
I'm not sure what else to write. I just hope that Boomer went to heaven because he did nothing wrong to anyone to deserve such an untimely and horrible death. I just want to hug Fiona really hard now and tell her I appreciate everything she does for me. I really wish dogs could be immortal. :(