Ner (djner) wrote,

the show

Time for me to write yet again. I'm sitting here at the desktop because I can, and because my laptop is sistting in my room on my desk from when I had to do my show. It's probably bettter there anyway because then, I can listen to some of my music without contorting myself too much to get the hard drive and any necessary sound equipment together.

The show, yes the show. Well, in theory, it should have gone fine. The problem started with my sound box. It kept being annoying and crackling every two seconds, not something you really want it to do during a broadcast. This compounded with our stupid cable servie which won't, or wouldn't at least yesterday allow me to upload data reliably to the server, causing lots of buffering. I ended up, after four hours, able to get the sound box to work. I think that was a result of devine entertainment really. I still had the problem of intermittent dropping out which caused skipping and everything, but time wouldn't allow me to try to fix that problem, so I had to start broadcasting on schedule at 8. It worked well, at least in theory. The thing still skipped, as told by Chris and Helen, but according to some, it was listenable. We didn't get any calls, which probably means no one was listening, but oh well. I'm hoping that next week, we'll do better, and that moisture, which I believe had a lot to do with the problems won't be a factor. I'll use the two computers to broadcast next time, probably with the wireless, since that seems not to be a problem, and hopefully that won't skip as much. I really hope it works, as I want my show to be top notch. If I can't reliably upload to a server, I can't join any internet project as I have to do exactly what I did last night, oh well, what's done is done; the first show is always the most difficult in my opinion.

So basically after the show I was totally drained. I had spent six hours sitting in a very odd postion, and my legs felt like a dull, annoying ache that wouldn't absolutely go away.

This morning, I woke up at 8, a luxury for me. I must have been tired! So I've spent the morning doing not much of interest and watching my dad prepare for cooking his "meal a week". He has been lowering his sodium and cholesterol intake, and spent lots of time on EBAY buying books and different things to help him. So, every week, he implores his culinary excellence, and cooks up new and interesting things, which always is a surprise iin itself. He uses his scientific engineering to measure out for example, a pound of beans, or 32 ounces of chicken broth. He follows instructions as you would a chemistry lab, and he does a good job with it. I have no idea how this dish will go, but I'm sure I'll comment later, I'm sure it will be good!

The desktop is working reasonably, yet I still think I'll need to configure the bios a bit, it still doesn't boot without help, and I think it may be a misconfiguration.

In closing, I'm really enjoying writing this journal. I should go back and read it sometime. It's fun providing a snapshot of my life as so many have done with the million live journal subscribers. It's fun to comment, to provide support, and most importantly, to keep track of not only yourself but your friends. Even keeping strangers is fun as you seem to get to know people as you do characters in a good book. More musings later I'm sure, have fun.

  • a short update

    The plan is to go to the beach this afternoon, but I'm not sure when. We don't have too much special planned besides that, but it's the last full day…

  • the NER Crotch Sand Index and deer near the house

    I'm not sure what the plan is today, but we have done what, in my opinion, is the perfect vacation activity, slept in and veged out so far. I think…

  • welcome to the jungle, for real.

    Well, we made it, finally! Everyone's up right now, but we're not doing anything so I'm writing. We got here last night, after several delays and…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.